Wednesday, July 21, 2010

While I'm Waiting....

I'm still waiting.
Seems to be the story of my life lately. My plans for graduate school fell apart, moving to Fort Collins fell by the wayside, and talks of moving closer to Walter have ended for at least six months. And, if nothing else, I've learned that I am a terrible waiter.
It goes like this; I love surprises, but I don't like knowing that a surprise is coming and I have to wait for it. The anticipation of the unknown feels like it's eating me up inside and I must know. I must know the ups and downs of my future so that I can best prepare for what is to come.
Unfortunately for me, that is not at all how life works. God doesn't deem it necessary for me to know what's coming next and is encouraging me to learn patience by forcing me to wait.
This forced waiting has opened me up to a whole new view on the Bible and some of the characters in it. I've never wanted to my old school notes or Bible commentaries more (darn you stupid moving boxes full of all my stuff).
I still find it so ironic that in my hardest times in life I see God so deeply. I'm sad to say that I think it's because when my life sucks that's when I want to seek out God. This song by John Waller has been on my mind lately and I thought I would share it with you. I hope that you find encouragement in it as I have

While I'm Waiting
by John Waller
I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait

I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience
While I'm waiting
I will serve You
While I'm waiting
I will worship
While I'm waiting
I will not faint
I'll be running the race
Even while I wait

I'm waiting
I'm waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I'm waiting on You, Lord
Though it's not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve You while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting
I will serve you while I'm waiting
I will worship while I'm waiting on You, Lord


If you have a hard time waiting, I encourage you to serve and worship while you do so. It's not just a great way to pass the time, but it will bring you so much closer to the Lover of your Soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment